The active ingredient in Juvederm® gel is hyaluronic acid. This substance is naturally found in the body, thereby minimizing risk of an allergic reaction. Juvederm® creates smooth skin and a healthy, youthful look in as little as 20 minutes. Juvederm® also creates satisfying, predictable results that can greatly improve facial aesthetics.
- Juvederm® can accomplish all of the following:
- Smooth smile and laugh lines
- Eliminate parentheses between the nose and corners of the mouth
- Re-contour and plump the lips
- Add definition to lips to prevent lipstick bleeding into facial lines
- Lift sagging cheeks
What are some of the advantages associated with Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is proven to eliminate facial folds and wrinkles. It is currently the only dermal filler that is FDA approved to last up to a whole year. This means less time in the dental chair, reduced costs and incredible aesthetic improvements.
Here are some of the main advantages associated with Juvederm®:
- No animal protein – Juvederm® is free of animal protein, which reduces adverse reaction after application.
- Approved for everyone – Juvederm® gel is the first dermal filler that works for people with any skin tone. Similar gels are only approved for Caucasians.
- Quick treatment – Juvederm® is an efficient, safe and non-invasive procedure. It is much more comfortable than surgical options and there are fewer after-effects.
- Cost-effective – Juvederm® results can last for up to a complete year before a touch-up is required. Similar treatments only last for six months.
- Healthy skin – Juvederm® actually replenishes the skin with hyaluronic acid. This substance is found naturally in the skin and depletes with aging.
- Personalized procedure – Juvederm® is available in two different formulas: one which optimizes the contouring process, and another which fills severe wrinkles and deep facial folds.
How does Juvederm® work?
Juvederm® utilizes the body’s chemical reactions to replenish and rehydrate the skin. The active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, binds to water molecules to create volume beneath the surface of sagging skin. Each hyaluronic acid molecule can absorb approximately 1,000 times its weight in water, which is enough to fill deep wrinkles. The thick gel prevents the hyaluronic acid from exiting the body immediately. After approximately one year, a second treatment will be needed.
As an added bonus, hyaluronic acid binds well to elastin and collagen. The elastin connection enhances the health of the skin by moving more nutrients into skin’s surface. Collagen is the substance that supports facial skin. The hyaluronic acid prevents collagen from breaking down and also increases collagen production.
How will the Juvederm® procedure be performed?
Juvederm® gel is injected into facial soft tissue. The whole procedure takes no more than 20 minutes and results are immediate. There are no unpleasant after-effects, though some patients report a slight stinging sensation at the injection site. Rigorous exercise and sun lamps should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns about Juvederm®, please contact your oral health professional.